One more Airport in Delhi NCR – Hindon Airport. Delhi NCR gets its second airport at Hindon. The much-awaited second airport other than Indira Gandhi International (IGI) Airport has come up in Hindon, Ghaziabad. Isn’t it a Good News Flyers?
What is the need for one more airport in Delhi NCR?
Hindon Airport will be the most beneficial for the residents of East Delhi, Noida and Ghaziabad. This airport is under the RCS-UDAN scheme of Modi government. Due to slot as well as infrastructure constraints at the IGI Airport, Hindon Airport took shape. Hindon Airport will be an aid for the flights to fly as per the schedule without causing inconvenience to the flyers. The biggest benefit flyers will avail due to Hindon Airport is that the passengers will be able to fly at most affordable rates. To provide air connectivity to Tier-2 and Tier-3 cities across India, this project was launched.
One more Airport in Delhi NCR – Hindon Airport in Ghaziabad – Good To Know Information:
1)Which all flights will be operating from Hindon Airport?
- IndiGo Airlines,
- Heritage Aviation,
- Ghodawat Airlines,
- Turbo Airlines
2)Airfare of the flights which will operate from Hindon Airport:
Under RCS-UDAN scheme, airfares will be below INR 2,500.00 per hour of flight to tier-2 and tier-3 cities.
3)The major feature of Hindon Airport:
- The area of Terminals in Hindon Airport is 5425 sqm.
- Hindon Airport will be able to handle 300 passengers during peak hours.
- It has eight check-in counters, two arrival carrousel, four frisking booths, car parking with a capacity of 90 cars at a time.
- The terminal building at Hindon Airport has public address system, fire fighting, and fire alarm system, flight information display system, CCTV and baggage scanners.
- Roughly, the project’s cost is INR 40.00 Crore.
- The sustainability features of Hindon Airport are double insulated roofing system, LED lighting, double skinned insulated wall panel, rainwater harvesting system and low heat gain glazing.