What can be more exciting than going on a holiday? I love going on holidays and exploring exciting new destinations & resorts. But, what I really don’t love is packing. And, I am sure, many of you agree with this, right? But, packing is something, which no one (until they are not dependent on someone or get the things done by others) can skip or miss. One of the most common mistakes that most of us make is packing too much into our suitcase/backpack. Packing too many clothes & accessories not only burden up your luggage but also cost you some extra penny; especially when you travel by flights. So, the question is what are the components of Travel Essentials Checklist?
Pack my Bag: Talking Travel Essentials Checklist with You
I feel that over the time by travelling so much, I have become a bit of a pro-packer; that I can fit a week’s worth of holiday things in just my hand luggage. While I travel, I carry only the things I simply can’t survive a trip without i.e. my trip essentials. The things I always carry in my handbag just in case. I love to travel light and I stay focus on what is going to get me through boredom and what will make my travel as efficient as possible. Of course, my Travel Essentials Checklist varies with every trip, however, there are few things which I never go anywhere without.
My Travel Essentials:
I don’t carry two different appliances for music and photography, as my lightweight & sleek Honor mobile does these jobs brilliantly. I don’t miss my earphones. Its JBL earphones, which I use & feel are the best quality ones I’ve had for such a low price, without being bulky in my bag. Definitely, you may have some other choices for the same purpose. I always take my laptop along to get work done wherever I go. And my biggest lifesaver is the power bank which is fantastic for travelling and will recharge my phone 6X from one charge. I never leave home without it.
Finally, while I try to travel without liquids in my carry on, I will always make sure I have a few essentials like lip balm and hand cream or moisturizer irrespective of the travel duration and of course a pashmina Stoll cum shawl to keep the cold air on its bay. And, of course, my shades (sunglasses).
I always look for ways to make travel cheaper, easier and more efficient, I know that there are so many ways to really save money on trips so you can spend it on the things you really want. Like wine and good food. Hence, I have compiled some of my top tips for packing light and travel light. Hope, Travel Essentials Checklist helps you out in preparation for your next holiday.
Recommended Read: TIPS TO GET THE BEST LAST MINUTE HOLIDAY PACKAGES
Top tips for packing light and travel light with Travel Essentials Checklist:
- Invest in a lightweight suitcase or bag. That way you can afford to pack a bit more in there.
- Be ruthless with your clothing. Whatever clothes you think you’re going to need, get rid of at least a third. Because, if you are at a beach destination, then probably, you will spend most of the time in swimwear. If you are at a hill station, you will keep wearing your beautiful jackets or overcoats most of the time, so there is no point carrying those useless clothes which won’t be visible underneath. And, if your travelling to a hill station or a cold destination, make sure you wear your heaviest clothes to travel in like overcoats, jackets, sweatshirts, warm trousers, etc. This will help you keep warm in cold environment as well as will save some penny for you. After all, airlines weigh baggage, not you !!!
- Roll your clothing, instead of folding them. The trick will help you avoiding creases and at the same time, it will help you save a lot of space. Try tucking underwear into the gaps and stick rolled up socks inside shoes.
Travel Essentials Checklist:
- Travel insurance documents
- Tickets/booking confirmations – flights, accommodation etc.
- Debit or Credit cards, foreign currency and maybe a travel money card
Travel Toiletries List:
- A small tube of toothpaste
- Shampoo & Conditioner pouches instead of bottles
- Shower Gel (Small Packaging)
- Thin Towels, instead of thick ones (Though most of the hotels/resorts provide towels, but you may prefer to use your own)
- Hairbrush or comb
- Moisturizer with high SPF (small packaging) or Moisturizer & Sunscreen
- Make-up, if necessary or carry only the essentials like lipsticks & Kajal
Travel Essential Medication:
- Tablets for body ache
- Antiseptic Cream
- Band-aid & Bandage
- ORS or Diarrhoea curing medicines
- Bug repellent
- Your personal medicines, if any
Trip Essential Clothing:
- Winterwear (Like Sweatshirt, cardigan, light jacket, overcoat, scarf, gloves, etc.) which you can wear during travel
- Jeans or Trousers X 1 (you can wear during travel)
- Closed-toe shoes (can be worn to travel in)
- Sun hat (can be worn to travel in, to avoid damage)
- Shorts X 2
- Day tops X 4
- Lightweight evening outfits X 5: crease resistant dresses or shirts
- Swimwear X 2
- Underwear X 7: these don’t take much of your space, so there is no need to cut back on such essentials
- Flip flops or sandals
- Socks X 7: only if your closed-toe shoes require them
- Nightwear X 1